ITIL v3 Foundation introduced candidates to the key elements, concepts and terminology found in ITIL. On 28 February 2019 AXELOS launched the ITIL 4 Foundation certification level.
The ITIL 4 Foundation certification is designed as an introduction to ITIL 4 and enables candidates to look at IT service management through an end-to-end operating model for the creation, delivery and continual improvement of tech-enabled products and services.
The certification can help:
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who want to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted ITIL.
However, the ITIL Foundation certification can benefit anyone who has an interest in IT service management.
ITIL 4 Foundation candidates will have an understanding of the following:
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices described in ITIL 4 will maintain the value and importance provided by the current ITIL processes, whilst at the same time expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
I've passed my ITIL Foundation exam – what next?
One year’s subscription to My ITIL is included with your ITIL Foundation exam. My ITIL is an online subscription to the latest resources and content helping you to apply what you have learnt during the ITIL Foundation exam to the workplace, as well as developing your skills and knowledge in line with future innovations in IT service management.
To take the ITIL Foundation exam, no prerequisite is required.
What You’ll Get