Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) is the ideal certification for technical professionals who wish to remain immersed in technology, as opposed to strictly managing.
Why is CASP+ Different?
CASP+ is the only hands-on, performance-based certification for practitioners — not managers — at the advanced skill level of cybersecurity. While cybersecurity managers help identify what cybersecurity policies and frameworks could be implemented, CASP+ certified professionals figure out how to implement solutions within those policies and frameworks.
About the Exam
The new CASP+ (CAS-004) exam will launch August, 2021!
The CASP+ certification validates advanced-level competency in risk management, enterprise security operations and architecture, research and collaboration, and integration of enterprise security. The CASP+ exam covers the following:
- Enterprise security domain expanded to include operations and architecture concepts, techniques and requirements
- More emphasis on analyzing risk through interpreting trend data and anticipating cyberdefense needs to meet business goals
- Expanding security control topics to include mobile and small-form factor devices, as well as software vulnerability
- Broader coverage of integrating cloud and virtualization technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Inclusion of implementing cryptographic techniques, such as blockchain, cryptocurrency and mobile device encryption
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements. Regulators and government rely on ANSI accreditation, because it provides confidence and trust in the outputs of an accredited program. Over 2.3 million CompTIA ISO/ANSI-accredited exams have been delivered since January 1, 2011.
A minimum of ten years of general hands-on IT experience, with at least five years of broad hands-on security experience.
Career options for this course.
Get CompTIA CASP+ certified.