Solaris 10 Administration
Learn how this operating system provides proven enterprise-class security, reliability & performance.
This course explains fundamental command-line features of the Solaris OS, including file system navigation, the vi text editor, file permissions, access control lists (ACLs), command shells, file compression, basic network use, and reading shell scripts. This course prepares students to take the Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS) Exam.
You can use this course as a stepping stone to learn advanced technologies taught in System administration for the Oracle Solaris 10 OS Part 2 course.
This course counts towards the hands-on course requirement for the Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certification. Only Classroom Training or Live Virtual Class formats of this course will meet the certification hands-on requirement. Self-Study Courses and Knowledge Center courses DO NOT meet the hands-on Requirement.
- Perform basic system installation and configuration on Oracle Solaris 10 1/13 OS.
- Maintain and operate Oracle Solaris 10 1/13.
- Effectively administer file systems, users, services, processes, packages and network interfaces.
- Manage local disk devices.
- Perform mounts and unmounts.
- Describe interface configurations.
The CompTIA A+ Core Series requires candidates to pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002).
What You’ll Get
Career options for this course.
Get CompTIA A+ certified.