vSAN: Deploy and Manage v6.7
Learn how vSAN functions as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center.
In this three-day course, you focus on deploying and managing a software-defined storage solution with VMware vSAN™ 6.7.
You learn how vSAN functions as an important component in the VMware software-defined data center. You gain practical experience with vSAN concepts through the completion of hands-on lab exercises.
What you’ll learn.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
• Describe the vSAN architecture
• Identify vSAN features and use cases
• Configure vSAN networking components
• Configure a vSAN cluster
• Deploy virtual machines on a vSAN datastore
• Configure virtual machine storage policies
• Perform ongoing vSAN management tasks
• Configure vSAN encryption
• Control vSAN resynchronization tasks
• Create and manage nested fault domains
• Use the vSAN health service to monitor health and performance
• Configure a stretched cluster and observe failover scenarios
• Describe vSAN interoperability with VMware vSphere® features and other products
• Plan and design a vSAN cluster
This course requires meeting one of the following prerequisites:
• Storage administration experience on block or file storage devices
• Understanding of concepts presented in the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.x] course
Storage and virtual infrastructure administrators who want to use software-defined storage with vSAN.
Get VMware certified.