vSphere: Fast Track v7
Explore the features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure.
This five-day, intensive course takes you from introductory to advanced VMware vSphere® management skills.
Building on the installation and configuration content from our best-selling course, you will also develop advanced skills needed to manage and maintain a highly available and scalable virtual infrastructure. Through a mix of lecture and hands-on labs, you will install, configure and manage vSphere 6.7. You will explore the features that build a foundation for a truly scalable infrastructure, and discuss when and where these features have the greatest effect. This course prepares you to administer a vSphere infrastructure for an organization of any size using vSphere 6.7, which includes VMware ESXi™ 6.7 and VMware vCenter Server® 6.7.
• Install and configure ESXi hosts
• Deploy and configure VMware vCenter® Server Appliance™
• Use VMware Host Client™, VMware vSphere® Web Client, and VMware vSphere® Client™ to manage
the vCenter Server inventory and the vCenter Server configuration
• Create virtual networks with vSphere standard switches
• Describe the storage technologies supported by vSphere
• Configure virtual storage using iSCSI and NFS storage
• Create and manage VMware vSphere® VMFS datastores
• Use vSphere Client to create virtual machines, templates, clones, and snapshots
• Create a content library for deploying virtual machines
• Manage virtual machine resource usage and manage resource pools
• Migrate virtual machines with VMware vSphere® vMotion® and VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
• Describe the methods for protecting and recovering virtual machine data
• Create and manage a vSphere cluster that is enabled with VMware vSphere® High Availability and
VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™
• Create virtual networks with VMware vSphere® Distributed Switch™ and enable distributed switch features
• Use VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ to apply patches and perform upgrades to ESXi hosts and
• Use host profiles to manage ESXi configuration compliance
• Describe how vSphere storage APIs help storage systems integrate with vSphere
• Configure and use virtual machine storage policies
• Configure VMware vSphere® Storage I/O Control and VMware vSphere® Storage DRS™
• Encrypt virtual machines for additional security
System administration experience on Microsoft Windows or Linux operating systems
- System administrators
- System engineers
Get VMware Certified.